iOS devices immediately offering a keyboard when my Apple TV is in text input mode is an Awesome Thing™
Papa John's iOS app requires SEVEN steps to access an item in the app menu!
Due to the frequency of messages, 95% of the reason I open Papa John's iOS app is to view a message that has arrived (usually some sort of special offer). But every time requires a whopping SEVEN steps before something in the menu can be accessed! As the eight different screenshots in this image depict, here is everything you MUST to do just to get at a menu item:
(1) Sign in. Touch ID was a much appreciated time-saver, but the app should be able to remember you were logged in for at least a few days, if not indefinitely.
(2) Select carryout or delivery. Why force this at the beginning? It's an unnecessary step if all I want to do is look at messages or check my rewards points. Don't ask this until after I've filled a cart with a planned order. Better yet, how about a simply toggle that STAYS on one or the other so I never have to choose, considering I essentially always order carryout.
(3) Determine my location. I get that this one may be necessary, but why not an option to always detect so I can skip this screen as well?
(4) Choose a store. For the love of Pete, I order from the same store pretty much always. Let me define a default store and skip this step!
(5) Splash screen. This isn't even the main menu and is a completely superfluous step. "View local specials" and "Order from our menu" are the same thing. "Repeat past order" and promo code entry could both be at the top of the actual order/menu screen.
(6) Still not quite there yet. Access to housekeeping items is still two taps away.
(7) The app menu, at last! Here's where I can FINALLY get to the message inbox, rewards, etc.
(8) Finally, the inbox. Exhausting journey.
Dear Papa John's, PLEASE take a clue from other restaurant apps such as Taco Bell and streamline this process.
Seeking a gadget bag to hold my iPad Air 2 plus these items
I'll happily accept advice on a gadget bag that will suit my needs and not break my wallet. I've seen some Tom Bihn bags that I LOVE, but I can't justify the price. Looking for alternatives.
All the items in this photo (plus my iPad) fit in my current bag, but it's crammed full with no organization.
Some comments on the contents: Yes, my rarely used checks are in a Vera Bradley cover. My old vinyl cover wore out and my wife put them in this case, and I've never had an excuse to change it. And yes, I do carry a SIM tray opener tool from a long-ago iPhone model since Apple doesn't bundle them any more. Two sets of earbuds? Yep, one with the 3.5mm jack and one with the Lightning jack for my iPhone 7. Yes, I'm redundant enough to carry the 3.5mm earbuds plus the 3.5mm to Lightning adapter. And yes, I still carry a Lightning adapter for old 30-pin Dock accessories. Why carry the bulky add-on cable for the charger brick? It actually has less to do with grounding and more to do with lengthening the charge cable as I often need to do. Last comment is to identify the gray square at the bottom as a little pouch holding multicolor sticky note pads.
Crane kick pose
Happy kids wrapping up a fun afternoon at the beach
Just three minutes to cook a Blaze Pizza
My brother-in-law has this crazy notion that Apple, Inc. is getting into the cosmetics business
It's *only* $500! Can't I have one?
Subterfuge remote control
One of the amusements at Disney Springs is the Strolling Piano—a pianist/singer who sits at her piano on a roving platform. Another employee controls its movement, and I found him—with a sneaky RC device disguised as a Super Big Gulp-type cup!
Grandpa was teaching Maddox how to catch the football
Godzilla vs. the Sandcastles—Mason happily volunteered to knock them down when it was time to leave
This is the Strolling Piano I mentioned yesterday with a photo of the guy I found using the disguised remote controller
Check out who got straight A's last quarter
Found in a small Mt. Dora bookstore—hilarious stuff inside
Possibly the most creative thing I've ever seen done with a fork
Proud of this girl—second chair flute at Volusia All-County Music Festival
Dear Criminal Minds producers: that is NOT Tampa
Seeing these on Wawa gas pumps makes me very happy
Chillin’ (literally) with the penguins
Rockin’ with the sea lions
Well I didn't plan to sit front and center at tonight's Prophecy Encounter program by Doug Batchelor, but somehow, here I am
Depart from me, foul liquid that pricketh my skin—nevermore shalt thou come unto my presence
Big flock of gobblers in my neighborhood
Final result of a craft/prop project for a Vacation Bible School event
Wow—more than 100,000 steps this week!
Visiting Peach World on the way home from S.C. was, shall we say, an experience
107° heat index on April 2‽ Good gravy train!!!
So, a funny thing just happened…
…and now for the reveal
I was surprised today to see Calvary Orlando refurbished with brand new multicolor seats, replacing the pews
Third Annual Myers’ House Easter Egg Hunt
Always a treat to come here